1) Around 42.2 million Americans are expected to travel at least 50 miles from their home for Thanksgiving this year. On average, that requires over 89,406,779 gallons of gas!
2) Nearly 25 million people will fly for the Thanksgiving holidays. On average, a plane burns around 3,600 gallons of fuel per hour!
3) It costs about 43 cents to cook an entire turkey in a natural gas-powered oven. If you are using an electric oven, it will cost about $1.70 to cook that same turkey.
4) Over 22.3 million tune in to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade every year - thanks to oil & natural gas, you can power your TV to watch!
5) To watch your favorite football games on Thanksgiving day, it takes a lot of energy! To power the Dallas Cowboys Football Stadium, it takes over 750 megawatts - enough to power a mid-sized US city.
6) To keep all of your thanksgiving ingredients fresh, it costs nearly $550 a day, and over $200,000 annually to power the average grocery store.
7) Sitting by the fireplace after your Thanksgiving meal will only cost you about $0.40/hour for an average-sized gas fireplace, thanks to the affordable costs of natural gas!